And you think that makes you the better fan right? Just so you know I have romanced Anders with both male and female Hawkes. I romance Isabela with Female Hawkes as well as male Hawkes. And I DON’T DISMISS my friends preferences.
This confession is just rude.
(P.S. I ship f!HawkexAnders 5ever, just sayin. I WILL GO DOWN WITH THIS SHIP)
Yeah. I have romanced him with both genders and found it rewarding but theres a segment of straight gamer girls who have fetishized this pairing & they tend to dismiss the other pairings because of it.
Yes, I’ve seen that as well. It’s insulting imo to both dismiss other pairings and fetishize any pairing. I don’t have a problem with m!HawkexAnders at all, but the people who look down on others because they don’t ship it is irritating.
not sayin there aren’t some people out there who are like this, i’m sure there are (though i’ve never seen them), but
a) a lot of people in dragon age fandom are queer including myself and most of my mhawke/anders (or fenris) frands, so please don’t make the ‘straight girl’ assumption
b) a lot of us take legitimate issue with the f!hawke/anders pairing as it is presented in the game because of the actual different dialogue between them. the general opinion of this subset of people, including myself, is that in the game anders is extremely condescending and sexist toward f!hawke, and not m!hawke. i’m choosing not to go into detail, because it’s been done to death, but it happens in both acts, and we simply do not prefer a relationship based on that kind of shitty anders attitude.
we are not saying the pairing itself is problematic; if people choose to ignore those dialogues or deal with them in a way that overcomes them, fantastic! but don’t pretend it’s just a bunch of straight girls out for the kawaii yaois.
Fair points. I’ve read some discussion on the differences in dialogue between Marian/Anders and Garrett/Anders, though haven’t really analyzed it in detail. My main issue is when a person - anyone, really, I don’t think they’re all straight girls, nor do I think their sexuality matters in this case—is condescending towards another person because of that other person’s preference for ships. The fetishizing part is another personal issue but honestly I cbf writing a big analysis about it, I’ll leave it to someone whose opinions are more valued than mine.
I actually don’t care about the differences in dialogue.
I don’t either… and I’ve never really noticed anything sexist-like in the dialogue? I’m confused at this one. I don’t think Anders ever really even points out anything about you being a woman does he? D:
Theres some dialogue in the beginning where he says he does not want to break your heart. You only get that if you play a female Hawke. That dialogue doesn’t bother me. I just don’t think people should be put down if they choose to play a female Hawke.
Oh… I’ve noticed that difference, but I never thought much about it. I thought it was sweet, actually. :/
I don’t either… I really don’t want to come off jerky or anything and I have no trouble with any kind of pairing at all… It’s just weird to me that (some) people say this about this pairing. It’s all good to prefer one of course, but no one is more correct than the other. :P ah, well…
Exactly. I just wish people would agree to disagree. People should enjoy the game how they want without being put down.
- ami457 likes this
- giggleshits reblogged this from dragonageconfessions
- lifeisacollage40 reblogged this from aggiepunbot and added:
- onlyunclaimedusername reblogged this from eva-cybele and added:
- eva-cybele reblogged this from glacialphoenix and added:
- theladymonsters reblogged this from b-mommy and added:
- glacialphoenix likes this
- aggiepunbot reblogged this from lifeisacollage40 and added:
- yankee23 reblogged this from fireeyedpixie and added:
- catasticgemini reblogged this from lifeisacollage40 and added:
- mrkuroi likes this
- phdfan reblogged this from ademska
- suicidalclockchime reblogged this from lifeisacollage40 and added:
- immadinosawr reblogged this from dragonageconfessions and added:
- xxwriter389xx likes this
- middlemarching likes this
- b-mommy reblogged this from ademska
- evamitchelle reblogged this from dragonageconfessions and added:
- beermuda likes this
- ademska reblogged this from inquisitorcassandra and added:
- cake-and-monsters likes this
- hey-its-tsai reblogged this from dragonageconfessions and added:
- spectrewarden likes this
- x-wolfpup-x reblogged this from chibistarz and added:
- fanaticality likes this
- feuerkind reblogged this from fanaticality and added:
- inquisitorcassandra likes this
- fanaticality reblogged this from inquisitorcassandra and added:
- chibistarz reblogged this from inquisitorcassandra and added:
- citadel-spectre likes this
- dragonageconfessions posted this