Meandering Thoughts about Life and Gaming
Happy Spring from mini-maeveschild
Aww She’s adorable. :)
The entire crew at Naughty Dog, plus Ashley and Troy, want Maisie Williams to play Ellie in the movie and absolutely nothing makes me happier.
That is fantastic casting. I support this 100%~~
I have spent the vast majority of my life in the Deep South, so I think love of southern style braised greens has just got to be somewhere in my blood. But I do. I LOVE them. But I’ve never tried to cook them from scratch. My box included both red and yellow mustard greens, so y’all, it was time to learn. As a sidenote, like I said, that box was TOO MANY VEGGIES for me to handle before they all went bad, so this was supplemented with some fresh greens. Most of the ones from the box held up by the time I got to them last night, but not all.
These were SO FUCKING GOOD so I’m going to give you a recipe!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-5 pieces thick sliced bacon, cut into ~1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock or broth
- 2 tablespoons butter (unsalted is best)
- 2 pounds greens chopped into bite sized pieces (turnip, collards, mustard, chard, or a combo like mine) with the big stems removed*
- big thick bottomed pot with a lid
ALSO you can add like a cup of diced yellow onion to this, but I don’t like onions so I didn’t do that.
*removing stems is time intensive so if you don’t mind a little texture don’t worry about it, they cook down and taste fine :P
- Heat the olive oil in a big, thick bottomed pot over medium-high heat and add the bacon. Stir the bacon often so it doesn’t stick and cook it about four minutes.
- If you want to add the onion, now is the time. If you add the onion, cook it another ~3 or so.
- Add the garlic and cook for under a minute, just get it smelling good and all mixed in with the bacon.
- Add the greens! Pro tip: TONGS ARE YOUR FRIENDS HERE. If you try to use a spoon or something you’re going to have a hard time getting your cooked greens from the bottom of the pot to the top so you can get your uncooked greens on the top down to the bottom and the heat. TONGS.
- Add the crushed red pepper and chicken stock and bring to a boil. Once it’s boiling, cover and turn the heat down medium-low. Cook for about twenty minutes.
- Once the greens are tender, uncover and turn it up to a high simmer until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Add butter and salt.
Done! AND SO GOOD! Make you some, dears.
Looks good. Will try this!
I’ve never modded a game before Dragon Age but when I saw the Grey Warden armors in DA2 i was annoyed I didn’t get to wear them when actually playing as a Grey Warden. Now I always play with the mod for DA:O and DA:A that adds Grey Warden armors for your party and the npcs. It really makes me feel like i am part of the order and the Grey Warden are part of the world.
Gotta agree. LOVE THIS MOD!!!
Confession: Is it too much to ask that your party SHUTS UP if you’re attacked? I want to hear what you’re saying damn it!
I think this is a confession everyone can agree on
This is a compilation of guides on how to write kissing and sex scenes! If you know of a good one that isn’t listed here submit it to me and I will update the list! Almost eveyr link is NSFW.
Cullen’s hair reminds me a lot of Justin Timberlake’s noodle hair.
I now picture Cullen singing in a Templar Boy Band
voodoian asked: According to Scott Gimple, the ominous graffitti messages seen in “Clear” (3x12) may foreshadow future plotlines. I was just wondering what the ominous graffiti messages were ?
There's soooo much graffiti in that episode that it's impossible to tell what's "ominous" or what could foreshadow future plotlines. I can't really discern what any of it could mean, but there's certainly some that I find curious. Here is a list of all of the graffiti in the episode that's legible (below the 'read more' - it's extremely long). Some of it's faded or covered up, or they didn't focus on it enough to really make it out, but it's the best I could do. If anyone comes up with theories, please let us know! - Jenn